A WELL-EXECUTED, LEAN PROCUREMENT APPROACH ADDS VALUE
You will get the best possible pricing from the most qualified trade contractors through AHCC’s approach:
- Up-to-date, detailed on-line contractor qualifications
- Providing bid packages with detailed instructions, site utilization plans, and schedules so the bidders understand the plan for executing the work and when materials are due to be delivered to the site
- Purchasing long-lead or critical path items strategically
- Close collaboration between all disciplines including estimating, operations, scheduling, purchasing and risk management
- Leveraging global buying power
ACCURATE & RELIABLE COST ESTIMATING
Our in-house estimators in all disciplines mean you’ll always have an expert who can explain your estimates in detail, right when you need it. And you’ll gain the benefits of our innovative construction tools, including:
- On Screen Takeoff provides efficiency combined with simple color-coded documents that clarify conditions and intent
- With BIM integration, counts, lengths, areas and volumes can be generated directly from the model in a matter of minutes and hours as opposed to days and weeks.
- Utilizing advanced excavation take-off program, you’ll be able to quickly quantify alternative site development and phasing scenarios to understand associated cost implications.
A LEAN, INTEGRATED APPROACH REAPS REWARDS
Design-assist leverages the strengths and expertise of key trade contractors through a Lean, integrated approach. When your project requires sequencing construction in conjunction with a fast-track schedule, in an operating environment or under harsh weather constraints, engaging key trades early to provide input into the project schedule, logistics planning, long-lead procurement and construction phasing maximizes effectiveness. Trades can also provide insights on construction methods that focus on LEED and sustainability.
Bringing on selected trade contractors early in the design process can significantly enhance project quality, cost-effectiveness, schedule responsiveness and knowledge of the current marketplace. Design-assist trades can range from MEP/FP to building superstructure, building envelope, equipment or other specialty trades.
Benefits of Design-assist include:
• Expand the team’s collective knowledge and resources
• Design-in construct-ability
• Minimize/eliminate design overlap
• Reduce RFIs during construction
• Reduce changes during construction
• Early identification of opportunities for schedule compression
• Make just-in-time technology decisions
• Identify best opportunities for prefabrication